What Should I Do If I Am Involved in Car Accident in Alberta?
If you have been in a car accident in Alberta, there are several steps that you can take to safeguard your legal rights.
- Try to remain calm at the scene.
- If you or anyone else is injured, call for an ambulance immediately.
- Report the accident to the police.
- If you are able, obtain information about the other driver(s) and vehicle(s) involved in the accident. This should include names and contact information for the drivers and passengers, license plate numbers, vehicle makes and models, and insurance information.
- Identify any witnesses to the accident, and obtain their names and contact information.
- Take photos. Most cell phones have cameras. It is a good idea to photograph the scene, vehicle damage and any injuries.
- Notify your auto insurance provider.
- Contact an Alberta personal injury lawyer.
Still have questions?
If so, contact Red Deer Personal Injury Law today toll-free at 1 (844) 512-4098, to schedule a free consultation or fill out an enquiry form, and we will contact you as soon as possible.